Sunday, October 27, 2013

Meat -General

Meat [non-specific]
Wandering in the city I found myself in Tharna's marketplace. Though it was apparently a market day, judging from the numerous stalls of vegetables, the racks of meat under awnings, the tubs of salted fish, the cloths and trinkets spread out on carpets before the seated, cross-legged merchants, there was none of the noisy clamor that customarily attends the Gorean market.
Outlaw of Gor page 67

Many are the objects for sale at the fair. I passed among wines and textiles and raw wool, silks, and brocades, copperware and glazed pottery, carpets and tapestries, lumber, furs, hides, salt, arms and arrows, saddles and harness, rings and bracelets and necklaces, belts and sandals, lamps and oils, medicines and meats and grains, animals such as the fierce tarns, Gor's winged mounts, and tharlarions, her domesticated lizards, and long chains of miserable slaves, both male and female.
Priest Kings of Gor page 12

I heard a haruspex singing between the wagons; for a piece of meat he would read the wind and the grass; for a cup of wine the stars and the flight of birds; for a fat-bellied dinner the liver of a sleen or slave.
Nomads of Gor page 27

The dour women of the Wagon Peoples, I saw, looked on these girls with envy and hatred, sometimes striking them with sticks if they should approach too closely the cooking pots and attempt to steal a piece of meat.
Nomads of Gor page 30

He took the meat in his hand and gave it to Kamchak, who bit into it, a bit of juice running at the side of his mouth; Kamchak then held the meat to the girl.
"Eat," I told her.
Elizabeth Cardwell took the meat in her two hands, confined before her by slave bracelets and the chain of the Sirik, and, bending her head, the hair falling forward, ate it.
She, a slave, had accepted meat from the hand of Kamchak of the Tuchuks.
She belonged to him now.
Nomads of Gor page 54

Singing Tuchuk songs, we managed to make it back to the wagon.
Elizabeth had the meat roasted, though it was now considered overdone.
"The meat is overdone," said Kamchak.
"They are both stinking drunk," said Aphris of Turia.
I looked at her. Both of them were beautiful. "No," I corrected her, "gloriously inebriated."
Nomads of Gor page 138

When the meat was ready Kamchak ate his fill, and drank down, too, a flagon of bosk milk; I did the same, though the milk, at least for me, did not sit too well with the Paga of the afternoon.
Nomads of Gor pages 138-139

When Kamchak had finished his freshly roasted meat and his flagon of bosk milk, he shook his head and rubbed his nose.
Nomads of Gor page 139

"This slave," she said, indicating Elizabeth, "would not give me anything to eat."
"Kamchak must eat first, Slave," responded Elizabeth.
"Well," said Aphris, "he has eaten."
Kamchak then took a bit of meat that was left over from the fresh-roasted meat that Miss Cardwell had prepared. He held it out in his hand. "Eat," he said to Aphris, "but do not touch it with your hands."
Aphris looked at him in fury, but then smiled. "Certainly," she said and the proud Aphris of Turia, kneeling bent forward, to eat the meat held in the hand of her master. Kamchak's laugh was cut short when she sank her fine white teeth into his hand with a savage bite.
Nomads of Gor page 141

He seemed satisfied that the wound was not serious, and picked up the piece of meat which he had dropped, which he tossed to Elizabeth, who, in silence, ate it. He then pointed to the remains of the overdone roast, indicating that she might eat it.
Nomads of Gor pages 141-142

"Bring wine," he said to Elizabeth, who, her mouth filled with meat, went and fetched a small skin of wine and a cup, which she filled for him. When Kamchak had drunk the cup of wine, he looked at Aphris.
Nomads of Gor page 142

"Now approach me and eat," said Kamchak. Aphris of Turia did so, defeated, kneeling before him and turning her head delicately to take the meat from his hand. "Tomorrow," said Kamchak, "you will be permitted -after I have eaten- to feed yourself."
Nomads of Gor pages 142-143

"Ho!" cried Kamchak, stomping into the wagon. "Meat!" he cried.
Elizabeth and Aphris leaped to tend the pot outside.
He then settled down cross-legged on the rug, not far from the brass and copper grating.
Nomads of Gor page 149

"Here comes the slaves," said Kamchak.
Elizabeth and Aphris entered, carrying the kettle between them, which they sat on the brass and copper grating over the fire bowl in the wagon.
"Go ahead and ask him," prompted Elizabeth, "Slave."
Aphris seemed frightened, confused.
"Meat!" said Kamchak.
Nomads of Gor page 150

Then we sat there together for a time, not speaking further, he eating, I watching while he cut and chewed the meat that was his supper.
Nomads of Gor page 187

The victor, on the other hand, turned about and raised his hands. He was greeted with cheers and was immediately taken to the table on my left, where he was seated at the far end of the table, before a plate heaped with meat, which he began to devour, holding it in his hands, eyes wild, almost lost in the food, to the amusement of the watching men. I gathered the feed troughs in the pens of the male slaves seldom contained viands so choice.
Assassin of Gor page 88

"Why is it," I asked Ho-Tu, whom I felt I had come to know somewhat better in the day, "that when others have Ka-la-na and meat and bread and honey you eat only this porridge?"
Ho-Tu pushed back the bowl.
"It is not important," he said.
"Very well," I said.
Assassin of Gor page 120

Now, chained, kneeling in a circle, we passed about, one to the other, a bowl of hot soup; then each of us was given a sixth of a round of yellow loaf of bread, which we ate with our hands; then before each of us, on the grass, the guards threw a large piece of cooked meat. I was famished and, burning my fingers, I clutched at it, and, half-choking, thrust it half into my mouth tearing at it with my teeth and hands, the juices running at the sides of my mouth.
Captive of Gor pages 65-66

I think few of my friends would have recognized the sophisticated, tasteful Elinor Brinton in the naked Gorean slave girl, chained, kneeling on the grass, thrusting meat into her mouth, tearing at it, her head back in ecstasy, feeding, the juices of the meat running on her body.
Captive of Gor page 66

Lana, Ute and I knelt in a line, facing the players. Our hands were bound behind our backs with binding fiber.
The men, wagering, tossed us pieces of meat.
Captive of Gor page 112

The guard handed me a piece of meat and I took it in my teeth kneeling beside him, where he sat cross-legged, I lifting and squeezing the bota of paga, filled from one of the large jugs, guiding the stream of liquid into his mouth.
Captive of Gor page 113

I bit through the charred exterior of the meat, into the red, hot, half-raw, juicy interior.
Captive of Gor page 113

I closed my eyes, running my tongue about the inside of my mouth, and over my teeth and lips, savoring the juice and taste of the externally charred, hot, half-raw meat.
Captive of Gor page 113

One of the girls scrambled up a nearby tree. In a moment, in the moonlight, she was throwing down water gourds and strips of meat.
Sitting cross-legged on the leaves, the girls passed about the gourds and began to chew on the meat.
Captive of Gor page 123

When I could look at her, I said, as evenly as I could, "I am hungry, and thirsty."
"Your masters fed you," said Verna.
"Indeed she was fed!" cried one of the girls. "She was fed by hand, like a beast." The girl snorted. "She even, bound, leaped to catch meat in her teeth."
Captive of Gor page 123

The other girls similarly armed themselves, preparing to depart. Some gathered up the water gourds and what meat was left from their meal.
Captive of Gor page 126

In the private pens we were given better food, lean meats and vegetables and fruits, and, if our group had trained acceptably, after the evening meal, before being returned, hooded, to the public pens, we would be given candies or pastries, or sometimes, a swallow of Ka-la-na wine.
Captive of Gor page 163

Occasionally I would supplement this diet with the raw flesh of small birds, or that of an occasional brush urt, which I would manage to snare. However, last night, and the night before, at another village, I had managed to steal meat. I had resolved that I would feed myself in this fashion.
Captive of Gor page 247

"She stole meat from us last night," said a man.
"Yes," said another, "and before that, the night before, from the village of Rorus."
Captive of Gor page 254

"What is the cost of the meat?" inquired the warrior.
The people were silent.
From a pouch he threw a coin to a man of the village, and another to another man, doubtless one of the other village, called Rorus.
Captive of Gor page 254

Rena knelt to one side. She watched her huntsman, gnawing the meat from a great bone.
Captive of Gor page 300

Rask of Treve then threw me a piece of meat, that I might satisfy my hunger, for I had not been fed.
With my hands I ate the meat, a collared slave, while the free persons drank, and conversed.
Rask of Treve snapped his fingers. "Approach me. El-in-or," he said.
I bolted down them eat. I approached him, across the low table behind which he sat on the rugs.
Captive of Gor page 301

"Do you know who she is?" asked Rask of Treve, eating a piece of meat.
"No," said Verna. "Who is she?"
"Talena," said Rask, smiling, "the daughter of Marlenus of Ar."
Captive of Gor page 303

"I, too, am the enemy of Marlenus of Ar," said Rask. He held out his goblet and I, the meat on which I was feeding clenched between my teeth, filled it.
Captive of Gor page 303

I could see fear in the girl's eyes, as she danced. I continued to eat the piece of meat on which I had been feeding.
Captive of Gor pages 303-304

I had finished my meat.
They again held out their goblets, and I again filled them.
Captive of Gor page 305

She took us to that part of camp near the horizontal pole, some nine feet high, resting across the two pairs of crossed poles, rather like a pole for hanging meat, or stone, which was buried in the ground, Ute told Techne and I to kneel.
Captive of Gor page 307

I threw back my head and swilled down the paga. The meat, red and hot, was brought, and I tore it in my teeth, the juices running at the side of my mouth.
The blood and the paga were hot and dark within me. I felt the heat of the meat.
I threw from me the goblet of gold. I tore the meat and finished it.
Marauders of Gor page 22

Initiates do not eat meat, or beans.
Marauders of Gor page 26

He threw me a piece of meat.
He cut two small pieces, and thrust them in the mouths of Pudding and Gunnhild.
They ate obediently, his pets.
Marauders of Gor page 91

I tore a piece of meat from what Ivar had thrown me and held it to Thryi. She smiled at me. She was trying to learn how to please a man. "Thank you, my Jarl," she said. She took the meat, delicately, in her teeth.
Marauders of Gor page 91

I heard me, down the table laughing. One of the new girls, from Kassau, had been thrown on her back, on the table. She lay in meat, and spilled mead.
Marauders of Gor page 97

After the fifth day he fed her broths and some meats that she might have good color.
Marauders of Gor page 124

"Good boy," said the Forkbeard, and tore him a piece of meat.
Marauders of Gor page 131

They, in spite of raising herds, eat very little meat. The animals are too precious for their trade value, and their hair and milk, to be often slaughtered for food. A nomad boy of fifteen will often have eaten meat no more than a dozen times in his life. Raiders, however, feast well on meat.
Tribesmen of Gor page 38

To one side sat a fellow selling soap. It was in round, brownish cakes, sliced. It is made by boiling ashes with the fat cut from meat.
Tribesmen of Gor page 46

Proteins, meat, kaiila milk, vulo eggs, verr cheese, require much water for their digestion.
Tribesmen of Gor page 226

"Masters," said Peggy, approaching the table, kneeling beside it, bearing a tray. She placed the tray on the table, and removed three plates of bread and meat from it, a dish of assorted cheeses, a bowl of dates, a pitcher of water, a pot of black wine, steaming and tiny vessels of sugars and creams, and three goblets. On the table, too, she placed small spoons, of silver, from Tharna, for use with the black wine, and, at each place, a kailiauk-horn handled eating prong, from distant Turia. Finger towels, then, and a silver fingerbowl, too, she placed upon the table. The bowl was also of Tharnan silver. When she placed these things on the table, she looked about, still kneeling, and saw me close the door to the room, locking her within, with us.
Rogue of Gor page 233

No comments:

Post a Comment