Sunday, October 27, 2013

Rations

"Take what I can use," I said, sorting out the articles in the pouches. Most importantly, I found a compass-chronometer, some rations, two water flasks, bowstrings, binding fiber, and some oil for the mechanism of the crossbow.
Tarnsman of Gor page 105

I picked some Ka-la-na fruit and opened one of the packages of rations. Talena returned and sat beside me on the grass. I shared the food with her.
Tarnsman of Gor page 106

I began to divide the rations I had taken from the pouches of the soldiers.
"What are you doing?" asked Talena.
"I am giving you half of the food," I said.
"But why?" she asked, her eyes apprehensive.
"Because I am leaving you," I said, shoving her share of food toward her, also one of the water flasks. I then tossed her dagger on top of the pile. "You may want this," I said. "You may need it."
Tarnsman of Gor page 108

Toward morning we ate some of the rations and refilled the water flasks at a secluded spring.
Tarnsman of Gor page 112

The first thing I did was unseal one of the two water flasks and open the dried rations. And there on that windy ledge, in that abode of the tarn, I ate the meal that satisfied me as no other hand ever done, though it consisted only of some mouthfuls of water, some stale biscuits, and a wrapper of dried meat.
Tarnsman of Gor page 144

No rations or water flask had been in the leather package found with the weapons.
Outlaw of Gor page 27

During the days of the Waiting Hand the streets are almost deserted, and in the Houses there was much fasting, and little conversation, and no song. Rations even in the House of Cernus were halved during this period. Paga and Ka-la-na were not served. The slaves in the pens received almost nothing.
Assassin of Gor page 211

It was now late at night.
We had supped and drank, on provisions brought from the Venna and the Tela.
Raiders of Gor 304

No comments:

Post a Comment