Friday, October 25, 2013

Wines

White Wine
The first wine, a light white wine, was being deferentially served by Pamela and Bonnie.
Fighting Slave of Gor page 276

Wine [non-specific]
Many are the objects for sale at the fair. I passed among wines and textiles and raw wool, silks, and brocades, copperware and glazed pottery, carpets and tapestries, lumber, furs, hides, salt, arms and arrows, saddles and harness, rings and bracelets and necklaces, belts and sandals, lamps and oils, medicines and meats and grains, animals such as the fierce tarns, Gor's winged mounts, and tharlarions, her domesticated lizards, and long chains of miserable slaves, both male and female.
Priest Kings of Gor page 12

"Why is there nothing but water to drink?" I asked Vika.
She shrugged. "I suppose," she said, "because the Chamber Slave is alone much of the time."
I looked at her, not fully understanding.
She gazed at me frankly. "It would be too easy then," she said.
I felt like a fool. Of course the Chamber Slaves would not be permitted the escape of intoxication, for if they were so allowed to lighten their bondage undoubtedly, in time, their beauty, their utility to the Priest-Kings would be diminished; they would become unreliable, lost in dreams and wines.
Priest Kings of Gor page 47

I heard a haruspex singing between the wagons; for a piece of meat he would read the wind and the grass; for a cup of wine the stars and the flight of birds; for a fat-bellied dinner the liver of a sleen or slave.
Nomads of Gor page 27

About Kutaituchik there were piled various goods, mostly vessels of precious metal and strings and piles of jewels; there was silk there from Tyros; silver from Thentis and Tharna; tapestries from the mills of Ar; wines from Cos; dates from the city of Tor.
Nomads of Gor page 42

Saphrar reclined on the yellow cushions, behind the low table covered with wines, fruits and golden dishes heaped with delicate viands.
Nomads of Gor page 85

I was pleased to see again, though often done in silk, the splendid varieties of caste colors of the typical Gorean city, to hear once more the cries of peddlers that I knew so well, the cake sellers, the hawkers of vegetables, the wine vendor bending under a double verrskin of his vintage.
Nomads of Gor page 87

I observed the banquet tables, laid out in an open-ended rectangle, permitting slaves to enter at the open end, facilitating the serving, and, of course, allowing entertainers to perform among the tables. To one side there was a small altar to Priest-Kings, where there burned a small fire. On this fire, at the beginning of the feast the feast steward had scattered some grains of meal, some colored salt, some drops of wine. "Ta-Sardar-Gor," he had said, and this phrase had been repeated by the others in the room. "To the Priest-Kings of Gor." It had been the general libation for the banquet. The only one in the room who did not participate in this ceremony was Kamchak, who thought that such a libation, in the eyes of the sky, would not have been fitting. I partook of the libation out of respect for Priest-Kings, for one in particular, whose name was Misk.
Nomads of Gor page 89

"Bring wine," he said to Elizabeth, who, her mouth filled with meat, went and fetched a small skin of wine and a cup, which she filled for him. When Kamchak had drunk the cup of wine, he looked at Aphris.
Nomads of Gor page 142

Harold, after the Tuchuks had entered the city, insisted on squiring the young woman home whom he had encountered under the wagon, and, for good measure, the wine vendor and potter as well.
Nomads of Gor page 249

More foods and wines were served, and even the high men of Turia, at quiva point, were forced to drink heavily and some began to mumble and weep, while the feasters grew, to the barbaric melodies of the musicians, ever more merry and wild.
Nomads of Gor page 254

Many of the bottles of wine were gone and those that were not had been shattered against the floor, or against the wagon poles, leaving dark stains on the poles and on the hides behind them.
Nomads of Gor page 267

At last, when the wood burned only here and there, and what had been the pyre was mostly ashes and glowing wood, the men of a dozen castes, each carrying a jar of chilled wine, moved about, pouring the wine over the fire, quenching it.
Assassin of Gor page 3

Kuurus looked curiously down at the remains of the pyre.
Only a bit of wood now, here and there, missed by the chilled wine, clung to flame; some of the logs, however, still smoked, and others held as though within themselves the redness of the fire they remembered; but most were simply charred, now dead, stained with the oil, wet from the wine.
Assassin of Gor page 4

I looked at the girl. Her eyes met mine, softly. Her lips were slightly parted. "Wine, Master?" she asked.
"Yes," I said, "I will have wine."
She poured the diluted wine into my cup, bowed her head and with a shy smile, backed gracefully down the stairs behind me, then turned and hurried away.
Assassin of Gor page 89

I heard a movement near us. I turned and saw a female slave, in a rep-cloth kitchen tunic, stained with food, approaching, bearing a tray of fruit with a flask of wine. She was followed by a guard.
Assassin of Gor page 183

The guard unlocked the door and the kitchen slave, deferentially, entered, her head down and placed the tray of fruit and wine on a small low table near the divan. She then, head down, began to back lightly away.
Assassin of Gor page 183

The prisoner now seemed in a better mood. There was a new haughtiness in her movements. She looked down at the tray of fruit and wine and laughed, and picked up a fruit and bit into it, smiling.
Assassin of Gor page 183

Her lips were slightly parted. "Wine, Master?" asked Virginia Kent.
"Yes," I said, "I will have wine."
Virginia served me, bowed her head and backed gracefully down the stairs behind me, then turned and hurried away.
Assassin of Gor page 186

At this point Virginia Kent put down her pitcher of wine, seizing Lana by the shoulder, spun her about and struck her a rather severe blow near the left eye.
Assassin of Gor pages 238-239

"Serve me wine," Ho-Sorl ordered Phyllis Robertson, though she was far across the room, and there were several girls nearer.
Assassin of Gor pages 240-241

This was not unusual, however, for Ho-Sorl invariably demanded that the proud Phyllis, who professed to despise him, serve him as table slave, which service she would ultimately, irritably, head in the air, have to render him, whether it be merely the pouring of his wine or the offering of a grape held delicately between her teeth.
Assassin of Gor page 241

Once again there was an extremely still moment in the room.
Suddenly I felt a large quantity of fluid, wine, surely at least half a pitcher, being poured slowly over my head. I began to sputter and blink. "Kajuralia, Master," said Elizabeth Cardwell, walking regally away.
Assassin of Gor page 243

"You there, Slaves," called Ho-Tu, "to your cells!"
He was speaking to Virginia Kent, and to Lana, who had both lingered in the vicinity of Relius, who was finishing a cup of wine.
Assassin of Gor page 246

She looked at me blankly, and then, still clutching the doll, put out one hand, trembling, to take the bowl of wine from me. It began to spill, and I steadied it, lifting it with her hand to her lips.
She drank, as had the black-haired girl, the leader of the girls of the Street of Pots.
Then, when she had lowered the bowl, I took my drink, that she would have drunk first.
Assassin of Gor page 252

Girls still in training, unclothed, as well, served wine this night of feasting.
Assassin of Gor page 311

I heard, far off, a weird scream, that of Portus, and a wild, savage cry, almost a roar.
Those in the hall trembled.
"The beast has been fed," said Cernus, chuckling, drinking wine, spilling some of it down his face.
Assassin of Gor page 313

"I bring you a girl," had said the man, "who would tie your sandals, who would serve you wine."
Assassin of Gor page 392

Hup nodded. "Yesterday evening," said he, "Marlenus sent her to you, to tie your sandals, to serve you wine, but you refused to look upon her."
Assassin of Gor page 406

Then she threw a look of contempt at Telima. "Give me wine," said she, "Slave."
As Midice kissed me again, lingeringly, holding my head in her hands, Telima, tears in her eyes, filled her cup.
Raiders of Gor 115

"It is only, Master," said she, "that I wish to serve."
I laughed. She was indeed a wily wench.
"Paga?" I asked.
She looked up at me, suddenly, her eyes bright, her lips slightly parted. "No," she said, "wine."
"I see," I said.
Raiders of Gor 231

The last two times I begged to do so, and was permitted to carry a jar of wine on my head. Ute had taught me to walk without spilling it. I enjoyed the men watching me. Soon I could carry wine as well as any girl, even Ute.
Captive of Gor page 92

The fourth and fifth days I was permitted to carry wine back to the compound.
Captive of Gor page 96

"You carry wine beautifully," he commented.
Captive of Gor page 149

It was a low tent, and only near its center could a man walk upright. Inside, in a brass pan, there was a small fire of coals. Over the coals, on a tripod, there was, warming, a small metal wine bowl. Warriors of Treve, I had heard, had a fondness for warm wines. I supposed that Rask of Treve might have his wine so.
Captive of Gor page 274

I suspected there were few men as fierce and terrible as those of Treve, dreaded throughout Gor, and yet they enjoyed their wine warmed and were fond of so simple a thing as smoothing the hair of a girl.
Captive of Gor page 274

I served the food, and poured the wines, and kept their goblets filled, remaining as much in the background as possible.
Captive of Gor page 301

Sometimes Verna would say, "Drink," and I would pour wine into her goblet, saying, "Yes, Mistress," and sometimes Rask of Treve would command me, saying, "Drink," and I would then, similarly, serve him, saying, "Yes, Master."
Captive of Gor page 301

I put down the wine cup, to one side.
Captive of Gor page 302

Merchants brought sides of bosk, and thighs of tarsk, and wines and fruits to camp, and cheeses and breads and nuts, and flowers and candies and silks and honeys.
Captive of Gor page 321

"Wine! Bring me wine!" shouted the warrior.
I, a slave girl, with a rustle of silk and slave bells, hurried to him, a master, to serve him.
Kneeling, I filled his cup.
Captive of Gor page 324

"More wine," he said.
I again filled the cup.
Captive of Gor page 325

"Wine!" called Verna. I ran to her and, kneeling, filled her cup.
"Wine," said Rask of Treve, holding forth his cup.
I could not meet his eyes. All of me blushed red before him, my master, I filled his cup.
Captive of Gor page 325

"Wine!" cried another man, about the circle.
I leaped up and, carrying the vessel, with a clash of slave bells, ran to serve him.
Captive of Gor page 325

I tipped the vessel, but the wine was gone. I must fetch more.
"Run, Girl!" he cried. "Fetch wine!"
"Yes, Master!" I cried.
Captive of Gor page 326

"I would like to see you dance, little traitress," he said. "I must fetch wine," I said, and twisted away, running toward the kitchen shed. There I found Ute. "Do not send me back, Ute!" I wept. "Fetch your wine and return," said Ute. I dipped the wine vessel into the great stone jar, again filling it.
Captive of Gor page 326

With a cry of misery, spilling wine over the brim of the vessel, I slipped past the man in the doorway of the kitchen, and ran back to the firelight.
When I had reached the feasters another girl took from me the wine.
Captive of Gor pages 326-327

There was a small fire in the fire bowl in the tent, and the tiny tripod set above it, where wine might be warmed.
Captive of Gor pages 330-331

Again I took the bowl from the fire. It was now not comfortable to hold the bowl, but it was not painful to do so. I poured the wine from the small copper bowl into the black, red-trimmed wine crater, placing the small bowl in a rack to one side of the fire. I swirled, slowly, the wine in the wine crater. I saw my reflection in the redness, the blondness of my hair, dark in the wine, and the collar, with its bells, about my throat.
I now, in the fashion of the slave girl of Treve, held the wine crater against my right cheek. I could feel the warmth of the wine through the side of the crater.
"Is it ready?" he asked.
A master of Treve does not care to be told that his girl thinks it is. He wishes to be told Yes, or No.
"Yes," I whispered.
I did not know how he cared for his wine, some men of Treve wish it warm, others almost hot. I did not know how he wished it. What if it were not as he wished it!
"Serve me wine," he said.
I, carrying the wine crater, rose to my feet and approached him. I then knelt before him, with a rustle of slave bells, in the position of a pleasure slave. I put my head down and, with both hands, extending my arms to him, held forth the wine crater. "I offer you wine, Master," I said.
He took the wine, and I watched, in terror. He sipped it, and smiled. I nearly fainted. I would not be beaten.
I knelt there, while he, at his leisure, drank the wine.
Captive of Gor page 332

He put his hand in my hair and held my head back.
"Open your mouth," he said.
I did so, and he, spilling some from the broad rim of the crater, I feeling it on my chin, and throat, as it trickled under the collar, and body, poured the remainder of the wine down my throat. It was bitter from the dregs in the bottom of the cup, and, to my taste, scalding. I, my eyes closed, my head held painfully back, throat burning, swallowed it. When I had finished the wine he thrust the wine crater into my hands. "Run El-in-or," he said, "put it back, and return to me." I ran to the side of the tent and put back the wine crater, and fled back to his side.
Captive of Gor pages 332-333

My head swirled. Suddenly, in my body, like a drum, I felt the hot wine. He had made me run that I might feel it even the sooner.
Captive of Gor page 333

"Wine," had said Rask of Treve.
I poured him wine.
"Wine," had said Verna.
I served her.
Captive of Gor page 338

"Wine, El-in-or!" cried Publius, master of the kitchen of Bosk of Port Kar. "Take wine to the table!"
Numbly, shaking, I took the vessel of wine. I went to the door of the kitchen, and went through the hallway, and stopped before the back entrance to the hall.
Captive of Gor page 357

"Hurry with the wine!" cried Publius, from the kitchen, looking after me.
Then he disappeared in the kitchen.
Captive of Gor page 359

I took the packet of poison from my rep-cloth kitchen tunic, and dissolved it in the wine. I had been told there was enough there to bring a hundred men to an excruciating death. I swirled the wine, and discarded the packet.
It was ready.
"Wine!" I heard from the hall.
I hurried forward, running toward the table. I would serve none but Bosk, he first and he alone. I did not wish more blood on my head.
Captive of Gor page 359

"Elinor," said Bosk, at the head of the table. "I want wine." He was one of the few men, or women, on Gor who spoke my name as it had been spoken on Earth.
I slowly approached him.
"Wine!" called Thurnock.
I did not go to the peasant.
"Wine!" cried Tab, the captain.
I did not go to him.
I went to Bosk, of Port Kar. I would pour the wine. Then I would be seized, and, doubtless by nightfall, tortured and impaled.
He held forth the goblet. The eyes of Telima were upon me. I could not look her in the eyes.
I poured the wine.
Captive of Gor page 360

Publius ran forward, the kitchen master. His face was white. He held a drawn sword.
Bosk poured the wine forth on the table, slowly. The vessel of wine I had dropped, and its contents now trickled among the tiles.
Captive of Gor page 361

Would she refuse the gold, the gems, the silks and silvers, and spilling coins, the choice wines, the servants and slaves, the security of the house of Bosk for the lonely freedoms and silences of the salt marshes of the Vosk's vast delta?
Hunters of Gor pages 11-12

Rim lifted the girl to the feet by the hair, twisting her head and bending her body. "Go to the Torian room," he said, "and prepare me a bath, and foods and wines, and gather together whatever you might need, bells and cosmetics, and such, to please my senses."
Hunters of Gor page 16

"If it pleases you, Rim," I said, "your slave might, from the sand of the lower hold, fetch wine."
Rim, the Outlaw, grinned.
He looked upon Cara. "Fetch wine," he told her.
"Yes, Master," she said, and turned away.
Hunters of Gor page 19

We sat down cross-legged in the sand, Cara kneeling to one side.
"Wine," said Rim.
Immediately the slave girl prepared to serve us.
Hunters of Gor page 22

Cara knelt beside Rim, and poured wine into his cup. He took it, without noticing her.
She similarly served the others, then went to one side where she knelt.
Hunters of Gor page 22

"Serve wine," said Rim, to Cara.
Rim and I, as we had with Arn, and his men, sat down with Sheera and her girls.
Cara, the slave girl, just as she had done with Arn and the men, served wine. The girls, no more than the men, noticed her. For she was slave.
Hunters of Gor page 28

"Wine, Slave," said Sheera.
"Yes, Mistress," whispered Cara, and filled her cup.
Sheera regarded her with contempt. Head down, Cara crept back.
Hunters of Gor page 28

We passed some fortified warehouses, in which space is available to merchants. In such places there would be gems, and gold, silks, and wines and perfumes, jewelries and spices, richer goods not to be left exposed on the docks.
Hunters of Gor page 44

She had indeed been skillful. I am an admirer of skills, of efficiencies of various sorts. I admire the skills of the leather worker with his needle, that of the potter's strong hands, that of the vinter with his wines, that of warriors with their weapons.
Hunters of Gor page 47

Thurnock brought to me the wine and oil, and the salt. I stood at the rail. My men stood.
In a moment, Rim was again on deck, and he, too, stood watching.
Hunters of Gor page 73

"Ta-Sardar-Gor. Ta-Thassa," said I, in Gorean. "To the Priest-Kings of Gor, and to the Sea."
Then, slowly, I poured the wine, and the oil into the sea, and the salt.
Hunters of Gor page 73

I was much pleased. "Thurnock," said I, "give her wine."
The men applauded.
"Very well," grinned Thurnock. But he approached her warily.
Hunters of Gor page 99

"I will see where her hands are," he grumbled. There was laughter. Then he said to her, "Kneel."
She did so, and, he holding her head back, by the hair, poured wine down her throat.
Hunters of Gor page 99

Further, Hesius had told Rim that he would send wine with the girls, at no additional cost. I did not particularly want the wine, but I had no objection to its inclusion in our order.
Hunters of Gor page 108

"Wine," said Marlenus.
He was served by the beautiful slave girl.
Hunters of Gor page 147

I held forth my cup, for wine. The slave girl filled it.
Hunters of Gor page 148

Marlenus snapped his fingers, pointing to his cup on the table.
The slave girl came forward, from where she knelt to one side, and, kneeling, from a two-handled vessel, filled it. She was very beautiful.
"I, too, shall have wine," I said.
She filled my cup. Our eyes met. She looked down. She was barefoot. Her one garment was a brief slip of diaphanous yellow silk. Her brand was clearly visible beneath it, high on the left thigh. On her throat, half concealed by her long blond hair, was a collar of steel, the steel of Ar.
Hunters of Gor page 149

When Marlenus took his meals in his tent, or wished refreshments or wine, Verna, the new girl, served him.
Hunters of Gor page 151

The girl poured us our wine. One may speak freely before slaves.
"That is enough," said Marlenus, and the girl withdrew to one side, to wait until she must serve again.
Hunters of Gor page 151

She carried wine.
She was one of the most beautiful female slaves I had ever seen.
Marlenus lifted his head and regarded her. Her breathing quickened.
"Put down the wine," said Marlenus, "and step before us."
The girl did so.
Hunters of Gor pages 164-165

"Serve us wine," he said.
"Yes, Master," she said.
Hunters of Gor page 166

I studied the footprints, where they were clear. About some of the firs there was the remains of a feast, and empty bottles. The bottles had been of Marlenus' own stock, brought from Ar. I knew he did not, when outside of Ar drink strange wines.
Hunters of Gor page 190

Among these items I found the remaining bottles of drugged wine, those which we had not drunk, when we had fallen captive to Verna and her band, now seemingly so long ago. I smiled. Such an exotically vintaged wine might prove of value.
Hunters of Gor page 210

The bottles of wine, brought by one of the paga slaves, were slung, knotted, about her neck.
Hunters of Gor page 233

We had poured oil, and wine, and salt into the sea. We were enroute to Port Kar.
Hunters of Gor page 319

Before me, over the long, heavy table which I sat, I could see the large tiles of the hall floor. The table was now dark, and bare. No longer was it set with festive yellow and scarlet cloths, woven in distant Tor; no longer did it bear the freight of plates of silver from the mines of Tharna, nor of cunningly wrought goblets of gold from the smithies of luxurious Turia, Ar of the south. It was long since I had tasted the fiery paga of the Sa-Tarna fields north of the Vosk. Now, even the wines from the vineyards of Ar seemed bitter to me.
Marauders of Gor page 1

Samos turned away from the girl. He indicated to me a man who sat at a far end of one of the low tables. He did not drink wine or paga. The man, rare in Port Kar, wore the kaffiveh and agal.
Tribesmen of Gor page 20

Then her manner changed. She became arrogant, angry. "Serve me wine, Slave," she said.
I went to the wine table and, from the curved vessel, poured a small cup of wine. I gave this to her. She sat, on the edge of the couch, and sipped it.
Tribesmen of Gor page 197

I poured myself a small cup of the wine, and drank it, replacing the cup on the table.
Tribesmen of Gor page 197

Some, holding the slaves in their left arm, forced wine from bottles down their throats. Some of the girls squirmed, eagerly, their hands on the bottles. Others, at the end of their chain and collar, on their knees, held out their hands. "Wine, Master, please!" they cried. They did not bargain, as might have a desperate free woman, "Anything for a sip of wine, Noble Sir!" for they were slave girls. Anything could, and would, be demanded of them, and for nothing. They were slave.
Tribesmen of Gor pages 336-337

We must serve the initial wines swiftly, with the matched breads and cheeses.
Slave Girl of Gor page 300

Pamela and Bonnie, heads down, silent effacing themselves, as is proper with slaves, again filled the small golden cups. It was again a serving of the first wine. In a Gorean supper in a house of wealth, in the course of the supper, with varied courses, eight to ten wines might be served, each suitably and congruously matched with respect to texture and bouquet not only to one another but to the accompanying portions of food.
Fighting Slave of Gor page 277

"A toast," we called. Shirley hurried about, making sure there was wine in the goblets. Callimachus drank water, but he permitted a drop of wine to mix in the water, that the ceremony of the toast might be one in which he fully shared. Wine, incidentally, is often mixed with water in Gorean homes. This is primarily because of the potency of many Gorean wines. The wines I was serving, however, were such that, sensibly, they could be served undiluted. An alternative with the potent wines is to serve very small amounts of them.
Guardsman of Gor page 235

When wine is drunk with Gorean meals, at home, incidentally, it is almost always diluted, mixed with water in a krater. At a party or convivial supper the host, or elected feast master, usually determines the proportions of water to wine. Unmixed wine, of course, may be drunk, for example, at the parties of young men, at which might appear dancers, flute slaves and such. Many Gorean wines, it might be mentioned, if only by way of explanation, are very strong, often having an alcohol content by volume of forty to fifty percent.
Renegades of Gor page 70

Falarian Wine
"Among these petitioners came one fellow bringing with him the promise of a gift of wine, a wine supposedly secret, the rare Falarian, a wine only rumored among collectors to exist, a wine supposedly so rare and precious that its cost might purchase a city. She, of course, would test this. She, though only a slave, would choose to sip it."
Mercenaries of Gor page 158

“Among these petitioners came one fellow bringing with him the promise of a gift of wine, a wine supposedly secret, the rare Falarian, a wine only rumored among collectors to exist, a wine supposedly so rare and precious that its cost might purchase a city. She, of course, would test this. She, though only a slave, would choose to sip it.”
“Arrogant slave,” I said. The woman put down her head even more, whimpering, trembling. No slave takes wine without the permission of the master. And even then, as often as not, she takes it only on his command, and under his eye, usually kneeling before him. Sometimes, even, he puts his hand in her hair, bends her head back, and pours it down her throat. It is done by his will.
“The wine, of course,” he said, “was to precious to have been brought with him, but it is in his tent. She summons her palanquin and bearers, male slaves, and is to be carried to this place. Too, in this fashion the matter may best be kept secret from her attendants. She is often carried about the Cosian camp in her closed palanquin by bearers. This excites little curiosity. In his tent she will taste the wine, demanding even that he pour it for her. It is done. She looks at him, startled. Can this wine, which seems like a cheap ka-la-na, be the rare Falarian? But in a moment she is unconscious. Arrangements have already been made with the bearers, of course. They will receive their freedom. It could have been done otherwise but this is best. They were known. Had we substituted others for them we would have increased our risks. Too, left behind they might well have been killed, absurdly enough, by the Cosians, an unnecessary and foolish waste of able men, in my opinion, whereas I now have four more grateful, loyal fellows in my ranks, any one of whom I think would willingly die for me.”
MERCENARIES OF GOR-, 21; Pages 158-159

“Captain,” said Talena, “in the room of the Ubar, in the Central Cylinder, we are planning a small supper this evening. I do hope you will honor us with your presence.”
The Cosian regarded her.
“There will be delicacies from as far away as Bazi and Anango, she said, “and we shall open vessels of Falarian from the private stores of the Ubar.”
“A sumptuous supper, indeed, he commented.
“Nothing pretentious,” she said, “but nice.”
“There is hunger in the city,” he said.
“Unfortunately,” said the Ubara, “there is not enough for everyone.”
“I see,” said he.
“Let them suffer for their crimes against Cos,” she said.
“Of course,” said he.
“Shall we expect you?” she asked.
MAGICIANS OF GOR-, 25; Page 156

Free Companionship Wine
"Drink with me the cup of the Free Companionship," said Relius, rather sternly.
"Yes, Master," said Virginia, "yes!"
"Relius," said he.
"I love you!" she cried. "I love you, Relius!"
"Bring the wine of Free Companionship!" decreed Marlenus.
The wine was brought and Relius and Virginia, lost in one another's eyes, arms interlocked, drank together.
Assassin of Gor page 402

"When," I asked, "High Lady, will you drink the wine of the Free Companionship with Lurius, noble Ubar of Cos?"
"I shall return first to Tyros," she said, "where I shall be made ready. Then, with treasure ships, we shall return in festive voyage to the harbor of Telnus, where I shall take the arm of Lurius and with him drink the cup of the Free Companionship."
Raiders of Gor 180

For years Talena, the magnificent Talena, had been in my heart's deepest dreams, my first love, my never forgotten love. She had burned in my memory, unforgettably. I recalled her from the fields near the Swamp Forest south of Ar, in the caravan of Mintar, at the great camp of Pa-Kur's horde, as she had been upon Ar's lofty cylinder of justice, as she had been in lamp-lit Ko-ro-ba, when, with interlocking arms, we had drunk the wines of the Free Companionship.
Hunters of Gor page 10

How beautiful she would have looked as we had, arms interlocked, drunk the wines of a renewed, repledged companionship.
Hunters of Gor page 135

Slave Wine
"The two females," I told him, "have recently been free. Accordingly, as soon as they are collared, force them to drink slave wine."
"Yes, Captain," grinned Tab.
Slave wine is bitter, intentionally so. Its effects last for more than a Gorean month. I did not wish the females to conceive. A female slave is taken off slave wine only when it is her master's intention to breed her.
Marauders of Gor pages 23-24

Gorm then stood beside Ivar Forkbeard. He carried, on a strap over his shoulder, a tall, dark vessel, filled with liquid.
The men on the shore laughed.
Attached to the vessel, by a light chain, was a golden cup. It had two handles.
From a spout on the vessel, grinning, Gorm filled the golden cup. The liquid swirling in the cup was black.
"Drink," said Ivar Forkbeard, thrusting the cup into the hands of the slender, blond girl, she who had, so long ago, in the tempt of Kassau, worn the snood of scarlet yarn, with twisted golden wire, the red vest and skirt, the white blouse.
She held the cup. It was decorated; about its sides, cunningly wrought, was a design, bond-maids, chained. A chain design also decorated the rim, and, at five places on the cup was the image of a slave whip, five-strapped.
She looked at the black liquid.
"Drink," said the Forkbeard.
She lifted it to her lips, and tasted it. She closed her eyes, and twisted her face.
"It is too bitter," she wept.
She felt the knife of the Forkbeard at her belly. "Drink," said he.
She threw back her head and drank down the foul brew.
Marauders of Gor pages 83-84

One by one, the prizes of Ivar Forkbeard, even the rich, proud Alegifu, were forced to down the slave wine.
Marauders of Gor page 84

She trembled with cold, whimpering. "I have brought you a drink," he said. "Drink it eagerly, Hilda the Haughty."
"Yes, yes!" she whispered, her teeth chattering.
Then, holding her head back, and lifting the cup to her mouth, he gave her the drink he had brought with him.
And eagerly, whimpering, shuddering with cold, did Hilda the Haughty drink down the slave wine.
Marauders of Gor page 132

No comments:

Post a Comment